Sunday, June 8, 2008

An 'I' for an 'I'...

We friends had a solid discussion that day while coming from mumbai to back to pune...
The discussion was about changes in view towards other people... friends, relatives or general acquaintances...

one of the friend's view is worth telling..
so here it is. -
He said,
We all are becoming more and more selfish these days... See... We dunno who lives in neighborhood unless we want to borrow so sugar...
We hangout with friends if there's absolutely nothing to do. If we have LOST or PB on comp then we just 'hang the phone' instead of 'hangout' saying "Not today, buddy"...
In fact, when someone's dead we become sad not because 'He was a good man'... but because 'now I'm not going to get such a good time' anymore...

Approach towards "the others" is changing...
We all are nothing but liars... A good friend is one who can lie better than other "friends"...
'I love you' means I love you temporarily.. till i get better one...

I say I hangout with friends a lot... we go to movies... to vaishali... relax... but the reality is I hangout because I don't have any other better means to pass that time...

I personally don't approve this philosophy... But, I don't see any points which proves it wrong...

3 Comments:

Unknown said...

umm....the world is moving towards this outlook...
personally i dnt agree...rather wudnt think of frnds as "timepass"...

bt yeah...definitely wudnt say...ppl dnt think tat way...

Jitesh Shah said...

its all in the point-of-view.. with a cynic point-of-view u can find bad intentions even in the most magnanimous acts...

as far as "death" thing is concerned... well.. its obvious u care only about the people u know well... u can't expect me cry over some organism dead in the 12th galaxy 1000 light years away from here!.. thats how people are... thats not selfishness... thats how emotions basically work!

Anonymous said...

u hangout with others....but then those "others" also wanna hang out wid u...its not bcoz we are selfish...human beings are social creatures...n bhai we finally do what we wanna do...we all hafta live our own lives....no one else is gonna do dat for us....so if watching PB is more interesting than going out...i dont see the harm in it...it not being selfish...ur not harming neone else...