Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting a hobby..

Yesterday I realized that my pass time activity is dependent of availability of internet, computer, electricity, friends/players, tt table or mobile..
I wanna change that.. I want some hobby which's independent of all these things.. I've started learning guitar again.. This time I'm not joining any class.. I'll be learning at home..

I was just thinking about how we are now almost totally dependent on all these things now.. Those days are now almost gone when people used to collect stamps or coins or even matchbox covers as a hobby :)

btw, if you have any hobby independent of all these things n also not depended on whether itsa day or night lemme know :)
PS: plz don't suggest book reading.. :P

12 Comments:

Vedang said...

Not fair!
"plz don't suggest book reading" kay??

I read books every chance i get. it fulfills all the categories you have set here!

Vedang said...

btw, love the new look of the blog.

Salil said...

G.I.Joe!!

hich ti weL!

Praj ~ said...

@vedang
mala mahit hota tu te taknar :)
pan reading mhanje parat dolyanvar taaN.. so jara vegla pahije hota :) tasa me pan wachto books.. next jara tuza calvin n hobbes collection wachnare :P

Praj ~ said...

@salil.. tu pan khelat nahis ata.. come on.. ugach kay..

dana said...

i like your hobby....
i also love playing guitar.....
but you can't play guitar if you don't sing
am i right?
i could offer myself to sing then you play the guitar....
if its okey

Praj ~ said...

I don't really know how to play guitar yet.. That's why i'm learning..

Priygun said...

What about making robots ? May require electricity, but for learning guitar you will too.

Solving rubik's cube is good till you get the hang of it.

Praj ~ said...

@Priyagun
why would I need electricity for guitar?
I'm talking about acoustic guitar :P

n about rubik's cube I can solve it in 3-4 mins.. so..

Priygun said...

You would need electricity to "see" the strings (assuming you are a novice) .. if you are comfortable with chords and all toh phir nothing better than a guitar.

BTW apart from musical instruments, electricity (illumination at least)is needed for other hobbies .. (considering you will be in office or working during the day)

How about Origami ??

Praj ~ said...

I need Internet/Google for Origami :P

trupz said...

hey i collect post cards - mostly donations from friends who travel overseas, the ones who know about this contribute graciously :) .... also i have currency coins from places i have visted till now ..... not something i do religiously but sub concoiusly houn jata ....